My stash is not that bad, but, after spending a couple years stock piling fabric. That madness is coming to an end. The time I
spent wasted looking through fabric sites will now be spent blogging or sewing. (And on Etsy - that't right I set up a shop!) My goal is to complete a whole year. So this is my public decoration to stop buying fabric in 2014.
LET THE FASTING BEGIN ...
- Use my current stash
- Finish UFOs before starting new quilts
- Stop constantly buying fabric (even if it's on sale!)
- Make my not so favorite fabrics into charity quilts
FABRIC FAST RULES:
- No fabric purchases for 12 months beginning January 1, 2014
- Create a UFO list and complete them
- The Exceptions:
- Backing & Batting: purchasing backing and/or batting to finish a quilt top after I have exhausted any possibilities in my current stash
- Notions: needles and thread on an as needed basis
- Books and Magazines: As long as they get used ... and not sit lifeless on a shelf
- Quilts for Publication: Currently that is not an issue, but a girl can dream!
- One pre-cut purchase (charm pack, layer cake, or jelly roll)
- One fat-quarter bundle
|Image of pre-cut ticket.|
CURRENT UFO LIST: